Our purpose is to provide a high quality, inclusive education, which will support, challenge and inspire children, enabling them to succeed and mature, to fulfil their potential and to become lifelong learners.
The school will seek to:
- Ensure it values equally, and provides equal opportunities for all students regardless of special needs, gender, ethnicity, socio-economic background and ability.
- Develop within the students an acceptance of their individual and collective responsibilities as members of the school, local, national and international communities.
- Provide a school curriculum which will promote students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life. This curriculum will seek to acknowledge the different talents of all young people and deliver excellent outcomes for all.
- Develop in our young people the skills, knowledge and personal qualities they need for a world where work is undergoing rapid and long-term change. This will enable young people to make their way with confidence in a world that is being shaped by technologies which are evolving more quickly than at any other time in history.
- It will seek to develop the unique capacities and capabilities of all young people and to provide a basis on which they can each build lives that are purposeful and fulfilling.
- Provide a nurturing, caring, social environment, which will ensure the students feel safe and supported. It will seek to develop the students’ self-esteem and dignity, their tolerance and understanding of others and to recognise and accept the link between rights and responsibilities.
- Work in partnership with all of the school’s stakeholders, such as governors, parents, local industry and commerce, the LEA and local primaries to enable the students to feel supported and successful.