EPQ provides an opportunity for students to extend their abilities beyond the A-level syllabus and prepare them for university and / or a future career.
It can be used to earn extra UCAS points and can be taken as a stand-alone qualification.
· Students will progress on a self-directed project – taking responsibility for the choice, design and completion of an individual project (or an individual role in a group project).
· Students are free to explore anything they are interested in.
· Students develop and improve their own learning as a critical and independent learner.
· Students develop and apply decision making and problem solving.
· Extend skills in time management, planning, research, critical thinking, evaluation and presentation.
· Develop and apply skills creatively, demonstrating initiative and enterprise.
· A dissertation.
· An artefact e.g. sculpture, model or DVD.
· Develop and showcase a performance e.g. sport, drama or music.
· Conduct an investigation / field study
“Opportunities like the EPQ stretch and challenge my academic ability.
Deputy Head Girl, 2016-2017″
CLUBS & EXTRA-CURRICULAR EVENTS and ACTIVITIES