Exciting plans are being developed to invest significant capital money to support the
expansion of Alderbrook School. Following careful scrutiny and planning, SMBC identified the
need to increase the number of secondary places following the significant increase in the
number of pupils leaving primary schools and the level of new housing developments in the
area. We consider this a fantastic opportunity for the school as it also allows us to:
- Introduce new, modern teaching and learning facilities at the school, with the addition
of a new 7 classroom block.
- Create a central pedestrianised hub running through the school, increasing
recreational space for students.
- Improve connectivity between existing teaching blocks by the introduction of a new
building at the centre of the school site.
- Improve catering facilities across the site to improve the experience of all students at
break and lunchtimes.
- Create significant improvements to the landscaping and front driveway.
- Improve the experience for all visitors to the site, with the introduction of a brand new
reception area and meeting rooms.
- Increase safety for all pedestrians, with significant improvements to pedestrian access
through Blossomfield Road, and segregated bus access.
- Provide a solution to the growing pressure on school places.